If you don’t have much money to give you can still help financially by fundraising. All that you need to do is:
- Care – if you are not motivated you will not do much.
- Plan – with a little thought you can raise a lot of money.
- Involve – by getting two or three friends to help you, you can do more than you would yourself.
- Act – contact us, and we will send you posters, sponsor forms etc to help you.
Here are some ideas for you:
Children of Africa (website)
This is our online fundraising website. It works a bit like a sponsor form. You can add info to it, and then e-mail all your friends and family (anywhere in the world). If they have a credit or debit card they can donate online, or they can promise you money which they can give in person. Check out www.chidrenofafrica.com
Fundraise by yourself.
Set yourself a BIG challenge. For everyone this will be different. You could loose weight, run a marathon, give up chocolate, give up your mobile phone or internet.
Fundraise with friends
There are many fun things you can do with friends. Here are a few ideas.
- Run a cake or bun stall
- Go to car boot sales and sell your old things (you need a car for that)
- Run a car wash
- Do a bag pack in your local shops (people put money in your bucket)
Run an event
Another good way to raise money is to run an event. The advantage of this is that you get the chance to spend 5 mins and tell people about your cause and why you are doing it. Your never know, you could inspire more people to help.
Some events which have worked are:
- Computer competitions
- Battle of the Bands
- Quiz nights
- Sponsored events (like a walk)